I don't really write about music anymore. I will say that the Jai Wolf track is like peak M83, and that the Mogwai song is a really satisfying slow build when you're paying attention.
The mix is 81 minutes long, because it's 2017 now. Take that CDs! I outlived your relevance!
As I'm the only one who cares about these mixtapes and hence will read this far, I'll say this: Brad, don't give up on your dreams no matter how hard it seems sometimes. You'll be right, and if not, we all die anyway. I hope you're having a good time in whatever future year it is and the technology that replaces Spotify has all of these songs in its catalogue.
2016 End of Year List
- Black Honey - Hello Today
- Weezer feat. Fitz of Fitz and The Tantrums and Nadya of Pussy Riot - Jacked Up
- The Naked and Famous - The Runners
- RÜFÜS - You Were Right
- Safia - Over You
- Pnau - Chameleon
- Miike Snow - Genghis Khan
- Dreamers - Sweet Disaster
- Grouplove - Traumatized
- CRX - Unnatural
- Dune Rats - Scott Green
- Mogwai - Pripyat
- Frenship feat. Emily Warren - Capsize
- Vallis Alps - Fading
- Jai Wolf feat. The Chain Gang of 1974 - Drive
- Excision feat. Madi - With You
- Odd Mob - Gassed Up
- THEY. - Say When
- Danny Brown feat. Kendrick Lamar, Ab-Soul, Earl Sweatshirt - Really Doe
- ScHoolboy Q - Groovy Tony
- Run the Jewels - Talk to Me
- A Tribe Called Red feat. Yasiin Bey, Narcy, Black Bear - R.E.D.
- Zeds Dead feat. Jadakiss, Styles P - DNA